The My Textbook component of CUNYfirst is intended to fulfill two purposes: To allow individual faculty members to order their textbooks through a central location, and to allow the college to be in compliance with the course material requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) by making the expense of course materials more transparent for students prior to their registration. In most departments the textbook information are entered in to the system by the department staff. If you teach in English, History/Philosophy/Political Science or Behavioral Science departments you will need to submit your textbook orders prior to the registration (usually in early November for Spring semester, and in May for Fall semester). The deadlines will be notified to you by KBCC email.
How to submit Textbook Order on CUNYfirst
- Login to your CUNYfirst account, and Click on Faculty Center in the CUNYfirst MENU, and then My Textbooks. (If you do not see Faculty Center on your account, contact the IT Helpdesk @ 718.368.4840.)
- Once you get to My Textbook, Make sure that the term displayed is correct. If not click on change term button to switch the term/school.
- In the my textbooks header, select the class section in which to enter details of instructional materials/textbooks.
- Textbook details may be entered in one of the three ways:
— Manually (type in your textbook info in the textbook details),
— Search (search for the book in the database by clicking on Search button), and
— Copy (copy from anther section by clicking on copy textbooks button). If your course doesn’t not require a textbook, check on No textbooks assigned to class, and skip to step 9.
*Make sure to turn off your browser’s pop-up blocker.
*If a Security Warning appears, select No button.
- Enter the title, author, and/or ISBN of the textbook in the search box and click on Search button.
- If you see the textbook in the search result, click on the Select to add its details to your course. If not, the details will need to be entered manually.
- Most fields in the textbook details area will be auto-populated from the search. Additionally, you MUST manually enter Course Material Type, Status, and Price. The other fields are optional.
- If you have more than one course material to order, click on the add a new row (“+”) icon to open a new form.
- When all course materials are entered, select the Textbook entry complete radio button.
- Lastly, click on Save button to complete the entry.